The Types of Information We Collect
We collect or receive information in different ways. The types of information we collect or receive depends on how you use and interact with our Services. In many cases, you can choose the information you provide to us, although certain information is required for us to provide the Services. We use and disclose this information for the purposes described further below. The types of information we collect include:
- Account Information such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and payment information such as your credit card details. In order to use certain products, we may also require you to provide a copy of your driving license.
- We collect and process location data when you sign up and use the Services. For example, to show you TOGO GEORGIA scooters near your location, it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device. Data such as the location of the scooter, the routes taken by the scooter, and its rental status are also necessary to provide the Services. TOGO GEORGIA also collects location data directly from scooters including when a TOGO GEORGIA user is riding, such as journey information.
- When you ask for customer service, support or other assistance, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your requests and we may keep information about your engagement with our support services.
- We receive information about you when we use third party partners such as marketing and advertising partners.
How We Use Information
We use your information, including information about your location, to:
- provide the Services to you at your request including to manage your account and ride history;
- monitor, track and service the TOGO GEORGIA scooters, including when they are in use by you;
- process payments, and any discounts or special offers such as free unlocks;
- communicate with you about your account, interactions or transactions including service- related announcements such as changes to our policies. As allowed by local law, we may also send to you surveys or marketing communications, including information about features and enhancements to our Services;
- optimize, develop and improve our Services. To do this we may use third party analytics providers to understand how the Service is being used and to help us to improve the Services;
- where necessary, to comply with our legal obligations including to meet regulatory or local law requirements;
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate TOGO GEORGIA policies or Terms of Service or be illegal which may include sharing information with government agencies outside of your home country, such as law enforcement agencies;
- collaborate with third parties such as universities and local government authorities, as described below in the “Who Do We Share Your Information With?” section;
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Our service providers and partners: We share your information with our trusted service providers and partners who provide services to TOGO GEORGIA such as hosting data and our infrastructure, processing payments, supporting and improving the Services, performing customer service, or providing marketing and advertising services. For example, we share information with credit card issuers in order to process your payments and refunds.
- Collaborations with third parties: After removing certain identifiers, such as your name, phone, and e-mail address (where provided), and combining the resulting information with similar information from other users, TOGO GEORGIA may use, sell, license, and share your information, including individual trip records and trip location (journey) history, with third parties for research, business or other purposes. For example, TOGO GEORGIA partners with local government authorities to collaborate on research projects such as understanding traffic and travel patterns in a city.
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies: We may share your information if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to do so for legal reasons, including to meet federal, state, regulatory or local law requirements or as part of a judicial process or to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues or to prevent harm or injury to you, members of the public, our staff, other third parties, or ourselves; or if we need to do so to defend our legal rights or property, to take action regarding illegal activities or traffic offences, or to enforce our contracts, such as our Terms of Service.
- TOGO GEORGIA affiliates: We may share your information with TOGO GEORGIA affiliate companies to help provide, maintain and improve the Services. As we grow, we may expand our corporate family by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates as needed, to help us provide or market the Services.
- Business re-organisation: We may also share your information as part of a sale, merger, change in control, or in preparation for any of these events.
We may also share aggregated, depersonalized, or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you with third parties, including the types of third parties listed above.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
TOGO GEORGIA relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, share, and otherwise process your information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, including where:
- it is necessary to provide the Services and perform our obligations in accordance with the Terms of Service. For example, we cannot provide the Service unless we collect and process basic information about you and your location;
- you have provided your consent to us processing your information (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including, for example, responding to government agency or law enforcement information requests or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to protect vital interests of our users, staff, and members of the public both on and off the Services;
- it is permitted by law, we may process data in the public interest; and/or
How We Transfer Your Information
As we offer our Services in many locations globally, we may transfer your information to or from these locations for the purposes of providing you Services.
How Long We Keep Information
We keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to you or until your account is deleted, whichever is longer, subject to any longer period as may be required by applicable law or notified to you.
We may ask for a copy of your passport or driver license before you can use certain TOGO GEORGIA Services. When we ask for a copy of your driver’s license, we conduct verification checks to ensure the license is valid and we retain only limited verification information in order for you to use the Services.
When you delete your account, it may take us additional time to fully delete your information from our databases and system logs. We may also retain information from deleted accounts to prevent fraud, collect fees, enforce the Terms of Service , to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our legal rights.